5 Christmas presents for a Londoner looking for adventure
Are you buying for someone who already has everything? Or are you trying simply not to buy so much STUFF. The stuff that simply clutters up the house or even worse ends up in landfill?
You’re in one of the best cities in the world, get outside and experience it. (These are also a bit of a cheat for those who have left present shopping until Christmas Eve).
1. Paddle boarding Head to the suburbs for some fresh air and join our friend Leah at The Good Life Paddle Company. Leah arranges single and group sessions catered to you and you can even include a river clean up or forage along the way. In fact, off the back of our last event Leah and John from 'Forage London' have teamed up to run two forage/paddleboarding sessions in June. Tickets available here. We suggest heading to Bushy Park afterwards - it's lovely there.
2. Night kayaking It is always worth looking at something from another point of view. In this case, London from the River Thames. These tours take you from Battersea to Greenwich in a double kayak and take 3 hours. To get the full experience they recommend booking between the months of September to April so that you can experience London in full darkness and the awesome city lights.
3. Wake Up Docklands Voucher Thought wakeboarding was only done behind a boat on all inclusive holidays? You thought wrong. There are a dozen cable parks around the country where you can learn to ride. It’s a slightly different sport as instead of using the wake you use the tension on the cable and obstacles for air, but it’s just as much fun and much more affordable. The closest cable for most Londoners is in Royal Victoria Docks, and you can buy vouchers for a loved one here.
4. Flying Trapeze at Gorilla Circus Learning to trapeze had never occured to us either but it turns out you can do it in Regents Park, and that sounds FUN.
5. Foraging Experience We were lucky enough to have John and James from Forage London at the second in our talk series last month. If the idea of picking your own food from nearby inspired you, they offer vouchers that can be used on any of their courses — from Wild Food and Medicine Walking in London to Foraging and Bushcraft in the New Forest. Oh and there's foraging and paddle boarding too.